Sunday

Dear Alice...

Dear Alice,

How are you? I thought I’d better drop you a line from Ireland before I get home this weekend. I am having such a wonderful holiday here that I haven’t had much time for writing, but I’ve taken three films of photos already! I hope they turn out so that I can show you how nice Ireland is.

Do you remember how worried I was before I came, when you tried to calm me down? Well, I am glad I listened to your advice. Ellie is so nice and friendly -you’d love her. She hasn’ got red hair or freckles- so much for stereotypes! She is really funny and she loves to show me around Dublin. We’ve had a tour of Trinity College and yesterday we went to the Irish Writer’s Museum which is well worth visiting! It is the nicest café I’ve ever been in and there’s a great atmosphere. It’s the only place here in Ireland where you can drink proper coffee-Bliss!

Ireland is really one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. It is as green as they say. Mind you, it does rain a lot here! The people are really friendly and that makes up for the weather! We went on a tour of southern Ireland last week but we couldn’t do much camping because of the rain.

We visited the National Parks in Connemara and Killarney and I went to Jameson’s Distillery to see how whisky is made. I was going to get some for my dad, but alcohol is much more expensive here than in Spain and so it wasn’t worth it.

I’ve already decided that I’d like to come back to Ireland. How do you fancy coming with me? Anyway, we can talk about it next week and then once you meet Ellie in October, I’m sure you’ll be convinced.

I’ll see you very soon. Love. Luisa.

1 comment:

Chus Piñeiro said...

1. Write a title in English which best summarises the text and justify your answers (2 points)

2. Explain in English the meaning of the following expressions as used in the text (1 point: 0,5 points each):

a) I thought I’d better drop you a line.

b) Do you fancy coming with me?.

3. Complete the second sentence of each pair so that it has the same meaning as the first one (2 points:
1 point each):

a) I am glad I listened to your advice.

Listening to your advice is...

b) I love Ireland even though it rains a lot.

In spite of...

4. Answer the following questions in your own words. The information must be taken from the text (2 points: 1 point each):

a) Why isn’t it worth buying whisky in Ireland?

b) Why does Luisa think that Alice will be convinced?

5. What did you like and dislike about your last summer holiday ? (minimum 80 words, maximum 100
words) (3 points).